Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time of replay - discrepancy in hundreths of seconds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negative1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Time of replay - discrepancy in hundreths of seconds Reply with quote

i'm not sure how to pm SKITO,
i don't see him on the member list..

anyways,
--------------
Remark: good test, remember you can paste "(01:11.28 )" directly from the command line playback output into harp's time, to include the milliseconds and confirm that it played back for you.

========================================
i always watch the playback from the gui (usually sped up) and
just make a note of the time..

in the past, i've entered the partial seconds settings,
but they were always different from what the
confirmer got... so i stopped doing it...

not sure if that is still an issue now...

later
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During playback, If you press esc before the inp has finished, the time will be a little less. But, if you wait till the playback ending message has shown then it will report the correct time after playback on the output window. Unfortunately if you use the guy you only have 3 or so seconds to look and remember the playback time to write it down. Either way it's not required to have the millisecond time, it's just a confirmation utility.

Total playback frames: 36714 (10:11.90)

I wanted to try to NOT print this message out if the user presses esc while the playback is still playing, it want it to only print out when the recording has finished, but it's proving difficult to pass the right information to the ending message code to stop it from printing out when the playback hasn't finished, I will keep trying to make sure that happens. I also still want to make analinp read compressed inps which it hasn't been able to do for 3 or more years :(
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad wrote:
I wanted to try to NOT print this message out if the user presses esc while the playback is still playing, it want it to only print out when the recording has finished, but it's proving difficult to pass the right information to the ending message code to stop it from printing out when the playback hasn't finished, I will keep trying to make sure that happens. I also still want to make analinp read compressed inps which it hasn't been able to do for 3 or more years Sad

I haven't looked at the code properly since trying to establish a TG internal version back with early 0.12x... so I can't be sure this will work with recent versions. I added (from my poor memory) simple global "state" variables to the inp.h and adjusted them as needed when events occurred throughout (TG required average calculation per-frame as the "optimal" method!). Couldn't you add a boolean in there, default it to false & set it to true if the playback EOF is reached? Then just wrap the "Total playback frames ()" in an if? (Quick & dirty... Smile )
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that will work, first i will try to see if I could change a parameter to end_playback too, since it is called in two different locations and should be called differently to display or not display the text message in different events.
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh it might be just this simple, there's already a message in playback_end and it's only called there when the program is exited or when playback fails, it just won't print the message when the program is exited. This is on the wolfmame side of things, Barry.

Code:
@@ -3828,12 +3842,18 @@

/* pop a message */
       if (message != NULL)
-         popmessage("Playback Ended\nReason: %s", message);
+         popmessage("Playback Ended - %u Frames (%s) - Speed %6.2f%%\nReason: %s",
+            (UINT32)portdata->playback_accumulated_frames, timearray, avg_speed, message);

/* display speed stats */
-      portdata->playback_accumulated_speed /= portdata->playback_accumulated_frames;
-      mame_printf_info("Total playback frames: %d\n", (UINT32)portdata->playback_accumulated_frames);
-      mame_printf_info("Average recorded speed: %d%%\n", (UINT32)((portdata->playback_accumulated_speed * 200 + 1) >> 21));
+      if (portdata->playback_accumulated_frames)
+         portdata->playback_accumulated_speed /= portdata->playback_accumulated_frames;
+      else
+         portdata->playback_accumulated_speed = 0;
+      mame_printf_info("Total playback frames: %d", (UINT32)portdata->playback_accumulated_frames);
+      if (message != NULL)
+         mame_printf_info(" (%s)", timearray);
+      mame_printf_info("\nAverage recorded speed: %d%%\n", (UINT32)(avg_speed));
    }
 }

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: