Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Retirement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Retirement Reply with quote

Hello folks,
Well, I guess this may have been expected considering what you saw out of me for the championships, but I have decided to retire from all emulation/high score activities. It's nobody's fault... I've pretty much lost nearly all of my motivation to maintain this site and run tournaments at MARP, even though it's not a lot of work. It's time for me to move on to other pastures.

This being said, I don't think HARP will outright die. But I will tell you what will happen to this site.

1. In a few days, all submissions will be suspended, though you can still download recordings. At this point, I will back up the entire site and provide a link to Skito/Chad and anybody else who wants a link.
2. There is a chance that a submitted recording or a new forum post will need to be submitted again on the new site.
3. After said people can bring back the site on another location, I will shut down this site.
4. When this site goes down, the new site will be back up fully functional and running under "new management".

Once again, thank you all for the memories over the past 12 years. It's been a blast! Take care all.
TRB_MetroidTeam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sad notice! But I hope everything is OK with you and with your life related wishes. Take care Gameboy9!

PS.: So, probably I participated in my 1st and last HARP tournament, too sad. Sad
MJS
System Leader

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand you Gameboy9.
Lately many of us (I can speak for Valter and myself, cause we were talking the other day) have very little time for games. Real life is taking over, which is normal. I think we should start worrying if it was the other way around.

You have been around longer than most of us, and you have dedicated much of your time maintaining this site, organising tournaments, etc so I can easily understand you being not motivated anymore.

As I once told you, I love HARP. I love it as well as, or maybe even more, than MARP. This is because I enjoy games and home computers since I was a child. If you ask me, I think old computers were much more stimulating than nowadays PCs. Oops if I go on with this I will go off at a tangent, lol. Better stick to the topic.

What I wanted to say is, THANK YOU! I am sure I speak for everyone if I say we are grateful for all the work you've done, and your choice of sharing everything with us so that we can continue enjoying HARP after you leave is a noble gesture, to say the least.

I hate to say goodbye, so... good luck with everything GB9.
And although you seem to want to retire for good, I hope this is a retire "for a while".
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'll say, is that I'll miss this place, and hope that Skito can set up some equivalent soon.

Would have been nice to compete on the nearly usable PSX and Saturn MESS drivers eventually...

That's some smoking habit, there...
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRB - thanks. Hopefully this won't be the last HARP tournament and whoever takes over will be able to run another HARP tourney.
MJS - It's been a pleasure. While I'm pretty sure that this is the end, I should never say never. I guess I'm like Michael Jordan that way... he just kept coming out of retirement. Smile
Mahlemiut - I have faith that Skito will bring the site back up in short order. If you want the files to help out, you're more than welcome to take them. (I'll email you those links)

PLEASE NOTE: This site will not go down until the new site comes up. However, starting today, any recordings/confirmations that are submitted may need to be re-submitted.
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site is dead ,long live the site.

harp is currently partially up and will be in a state of reconstruction for a while, for now the message board work and the downloads will work, but we are still testing screenshots and uploads, so stay tuned.
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Cool
Frankie
System Leader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad wrote:
The site is dead ,long live the site.

harp is currently partially up and will be in a state of reconstruction for a while, for now the message board work and the downloads will work, but we are still testing screenshots and uploads, so stay tuned.

I need some infos on where to upload the Spectrum Zone stuff, as it seems it hasn't made the move Smile

HARP Spectrum System Leader.
http://www.zxspectrum.homeactionreplay.org/index.php

HARP Amiga System Leader:
http://forums.homeactionreplay.org/viewforum.php?f=29
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems everything hasn't made the backup, particularly the wolfmess and emulator directories, and i guess other places too. Please post the urls you think are missing. I don't see a backup of zxspectrum.homeactionreplay.org :( do you still have some of these files Frankie?

I also think maybe a dozen or so (not many) user inp.zip files didn't get transferred from the backup because of faulty recursion when uploding, at least these files are there but are hard to detect with my ftp upload client failing each time i try to do a full tree upload.

There are emulators files missing. I think i have everything from sdl+wolfmess109-141 but have missed 142 and 143 can someone email me if they have the -src.zip of these files for sdl* and wolfmess* files?
Frankie
System Leader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all the files that made up the Spectrum Zone, but none of the INP/RZX files except my own Sad

Maybe it's time to just start adding from the Tosec list, instead of creating a single file for all games added. I sometime feel that it takes to much of my time, when people actually only submit for the Tour, and don't care about regulation play at all. Have to think about that one.

Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've saved all of the inp/zip and rxz files that were for any past tour and regulation play (except for the very few that didn't transfer because of my bad ftp program), these should be available for download through the normal channels. I'll set you up with a zxspectrum upload account on monday, so you can upload all the stuff there, when did you last backup those files?
Frankie
System Leader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad wrote:
I think we've saved all of the inp/zip and rxz files that were for any past tour and regulation play (except for the very few that didn't transfer because of my bad ftp program), these should be available for download through the normal channels. I'll set you up with a zxspectrum upload account on monday, so you can upload all the stuff there, when did you last backup those files?

Great. The files should be up to date Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: