Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HC 2011 - Game Selection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> HARP Championships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spaceman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't 5.3 to work with Win 7 either. 7.51 should be ok though as I'm running here, although I wouldn't install it in the program files directory due to access rights.
What is the spec of your CPU and your windows exp index score?
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's another thought. I wonder if you can download Windows XP Mode and run it in that... I know when you download it your compatibility goes way up, although you have to take an extra step to start playing...
Spaceman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allready tried that, it does work, but is a bit too laggy to play a fast moving game Rolling Eyes
Gapporin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CPU is an AMD Athlon II X4 quad-core processor running at 2.9Ghz.
My Windows score is 5.9
I've turned Adminstrator Mode off by default (I'm the only one who uses this computer, so it kind of defeats the purpose). And I installed it to a different drive other than C:\.
Spaceman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't see anything wrong that setup Very Happy

Perhaps it's not a speed issue, could it be a background process taking focus away from the emulator window stopping the recording?
As a quick solution you could plug in a spare drive and stick xp on it for a few days.
TRB_MetroidTeam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!
Please let me know if my INPs are ok (emulator version, ROMset used, Tournament code (any code is ok for HC2011?), etc).

Don't run Mr. Mee Wink Nice game!
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
Hi guys!
Please let me know if my INPs are ok (emulator version, ROMset used, Tournament code (any code is ok for HC2011?), etc).

Any code is OK. Confirmed. :)

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
Don't run Mr. Mee Wink Nice game!

Wow, I'm ahead! Very Happy
TRB_MetroidTeam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barthax wrote:
Any code is OK. Confirmed. Smile

Code:
2011-06-23 13:19:46: Confirmed with FUSE 1.0.0.1a. rzxdump: Examining file 6447 - TRB_MetroidTeam - Preliminary quarter-finals - Rainbow Islands (Spectrum) - HARP Championship 2011 - 729250.rzx Found RZX signature Major version: 0 Minor version: 13 Flags: 1 Found a creator block Length: 29 bytes Creator: `Spectaculator' Creator major version: 52 Creator minor version: 371 Creator custom data: 0 bytes Found a signed data start block Length: 13 bytes Key ID: 0x6db9762e Week code: 0x0000007b Found a snapshot block Length: 68 bytes Flags: 1 Snapshot extension: `z80' Snap length: 51 bytes Snap path: D:\GAMES_EMU\Spectrum\ROMS\Rainbow Islands.z80 Found an input recording block Length: 187547 bytes Frame count: 76260 Frame length (obsolete): 0 bytes Tstate counter: 6 Flags: 2 Skipping compressed data Found a signed data end block Length: 49 bytes r: 4F4D4273E356F8168B124BBEFC788D332FF147C7 s: 1E129B392B02AEA27C62B5460B9754B7374F413B

All this stuff is good or not? Smile Hi doctor, are these the symptoms or the medical diagnosis??? Razz
Thanks!

Quote:
Snap path: D:\GAMES_EMU\Spectrum\ROMS\Rainbow Islands.z80

Hey, this program is a spyware... My folders/paths are secret information... Laughing

Quote:

Turn changing Wink
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
Barthax wrote:
Any code is OK. Confirmed. Smile

Code:
rzxdump

All this stuff is good or not? Smile Hi doctor, are these the symptoms or the medical diagnosis??? Razz

The lines are all muddled up, but it is the output of a simple diagnostic of the RZX file: proves you used Spectaculator, the version, that tournament mode was used & you used "week code" 0x7b (hex), it was digitally signed & lasted for 76,260 frames.

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
Quote:
Snap path: D:\GAMES_EMU\Spectrum\ROMS\Rainbow Islands.z80

Hey, this program is a spyware... My folders/paths are secret information... Laughing

Big brother is watching you! :lol:

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
Quote:

Turn changing Wink

Nah, back to you. Wink
TRB_MetroidTeam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some tips I discovered (not sure about everything):

(1) Diamonds, stars and "good" items (ie: crown in some stages), etc) generally appear when I kill an enemy with a combo (more than one rainbow linked), not killing the enemy directly with the "current" rainbow;

(2) Sometimes when I kill 2 or more enemies with the same rainbow (not combo'ed), the above (1) items appear too (not sure!);

(3) If you stay "over" the screen and continue shooting, your score will be increasing 10 by 10. See my INPs.

(4) "Blue ring" item give you point each step you do.

(5) "Red Necklace" give you a "star" power every jump you do, destroying almost everything in the screen. Almost all (or all?) the enemies killed by this power become "good" items, like (1) and (2) method. This power generally finishes before the stage end, but I don't know if it's time based or jump based or anything...

These points I yet need help:

(-1) What's the item to speed up? Or is there any "rule" for it (ie: 5 flowers, etc)? Sometimes I got, sometimes not.

(-2) I yet don't know how I get my "double" and "triple" rainbow...

(-3) I continue needing good/safe tips for the bosses...

(-4) I got a "white star rain" about the stage 15 or 16 (just before I collect the last emerald). Is it to everyone in that stage? What I did for that? Is it useful? Or is it just a screen feature?

(-5) There are other "special" items like (4) and (5) that give skills (not only points)? I just collect them and I hadn't enough time to study about it Embarassed

gg

PS.: I hope Gapporin solve his problem...
TRB_MetroidTeam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Big brother is watching you! Laughing

Ok, but where is my money and the girls? ;)

Quote:
Nah, back to you. Wink

Ouch! Congrats! I will not watch it now, because I will play now... Wish me good luck!

PS.: Despite you get 1k each emerald, and 1 extra life if all emeralds in the same World, I think the tip for points (in your current skill level) is try to reach higher levels, mainly because the higher bonuses are there (also 100k each boss beaten).
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have concentrated on understanding where the enemies will appear & how to avoid them. You've learned far more than I have!

One thing you haven't mentioned that I've noticed: all bonus items disappear when the "HURRY!" appears.
Spaceman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gapporin, try increasing the prioity of the two speculator processes to above normal before you start the recording.
See if that helps.
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
Some tips I discovered (not sure about everything):

(1) Diamonds, stars and "good" items (ie: crown in some stages), etc) generally appear when I kill an enemy with a combo (more than one rainbow linked), not killing the enemy directly with the "current" rainbow;

(2) Sometimes when I kill 2 or more enemies with the same rainbow (not combo'ed), the above (1) items appear too (not sure!);

(3) If you stay "over" the screen and continue shooting, your score will be increasing 10 by 10. See my INPs.

(4) "Blue ring" item give you point each step you do.

(5) "Red Necklace" give you a "star" power every jump you do, destroying almost everything in the screen. Almost all (or all?) the enemies killed by this power become "good" items, like (1) and (2) method. This power generally finishes before the stage end, but I don't know if it's time based or jump based or anything...

These points I yet need help:

(-1) What's the item to speed up? Or is there any "rule" for it (ie: 5 flowers, etc)? Sometimes I got, sometimes not.

(-2) I yet don't know how I get my "double" and "triple" rainbow...

(-3) I continue needing good/safe tips for the bosses...

(-4) I got a "white star rain" about the stage 15 or 16 (just before I collect the last emerald). Is it to everyone in that stage? What I did for that? Is it useful? Or is it just a screen feature?

(-5) There are other "special" items like (4) and (5) that give skills (not only points)? I just collect them and I hadn't enough time to study about it Embarassed

gg

PS.: I hope Gapporin solve his problem...

This is mostly based on the arcade version, so might be a bit inaccurate for home ports...

Shoe = speed up, red pot = increase number of rainbows, yellow = faster shooting of rainbows.

Breaking rainbows on top of enemies will cause them to leave diamonds, the colour of the diamond depends on where it lands on screen. Power up items appear regardless of how you killed the enemy. It may not happen in home versions at all, but the arcade version forces power up items to appear for every third enemy killed, and are largely in a set order (shoe, red pot, yellow pot...).

"White star rain" is a specific item (necklace, if I remember right, same as the one in Bubble Bobble).
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gapporin, try turning off your anti-virus and any anti-spyware programs before recording. If that works, then a long-term solution is to always save your recordings to the same place and configure the anti-x programs to never scan that folder.

Theory behind this is as follows: the emulator creates the file and begins to write information into it; the anti-x accesses the new file and prevent all other access to the file until it finishes checking the file - if there is more than one anti-x program this causes a lot of slow down. In the time it takes the anti-x to complete, the emulator has been forced to pause because of the delay in creating/writing the file and therefore drops below the minimum competition threshold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> HARP Championships All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: