Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

karateka scores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: karateka scores Reply with quote

This is wierd, 0th place when qt got better time than the currently 1rst place score? I haven't played this back yet but there seems to be something wrong with the scoring.

http://www.homeactionreplay.org/search.php?game=4177&tourney=36
Q.T.Quazar
System Leader

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have a knack for breaking scripts recently. I didn't list a time, originally, then went back and edited that field. Nothing I did could tie me with Chad though--even inputting a higher score after. Quite interesting.

Karateka shouldn't really be a speedrun anyway, the way the game plays. i don't think there's any way worth scoring it other than completion.

man, that gate killed me a lot before i finished this. forgot how hard it was to trigger without dying.
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... I've been trying out a new method of ranking scores. Looks like I failed. :)

I'll take a look at it when I can... but it may be a couple of days... lots of RL stuff going on.
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see what happened... I think there's a different style of ranking... I didn't program that style correctly, hence the SQL crash. Again, I'll get to it when I can...
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - it's fixed! QT now has his 20 points. 13 seconds between first and second... I smell a battle coming...
Q.T.Quazar
System Leader

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no battle, sorry, speed run doesn't really make sense for Karateka, just want to play for completion.

on that note, i tried to equalize my time with skito, so that we both share first. first time, i entered four digits in the second column--which didn't work, bumping my time up over an hour somehow, and putting me in 2nd.

second edit, i put a decimal in the seconds column, and that did work, but now that we're 'tied', i'm still in second for some reason.
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably another issue with the new ranking algorithm. It'll be a while before I figure out a fix for that...
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do me a favor though: since it's unusual for one to voluntarily declare a tie, can you note your real time on the description and note that a draw was "agreed to", please?

Thanks.
Q.T.Quazar
System Leader

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... fair enough. Smile i'll come adjust it a bit later. real time was whatever i originally stated Smile
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right... we do see that in the logs. One difference between MARP and HARP is that we can't change the descriptions a player writes. (unless I do a DB change Smile ) If we want to comment on something, we use edit/confirm/comment utilities for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: