Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HARP Things To Do / HARP Improvements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q.T.Quazar
System Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe i'm less technically inclined, but to me that seems decidedly non-intuitive as far as 'searching' goes.
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah this is stricly a sql thing, and the % being implied at the end of the string is even more obfuscated. It is nice and powerful though if you know how to use it (the docs are on the search page.)

now for something completely different:
Could we change the uploads page to include a collumn after Tournament called the "Game Maker" which lists the harp "Company" name for each upload. I think it would be good to give the companies/people that make the games the most advertisement we can give them. Actually I probably have access to do this now, i just don't know where to do it yet.

*Edit: done, ok how is that.
Q.T.Quazar
System Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great! although this does raise the point i brought up earlier, about games where we're using non-parent companies. we should probably have a place to list the real parent company when this occurs (when inserting a game into the database)

as examples from the 2600--i don't believe that Starsoft or CCE actually ever made any games of their own--yet we credit them, because theirs is the active set.
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah CCE that's pretty evil. hmmm. even if you pick another parrent the CCE recordings will stay. Yeah my next goal would be to put the parrent info in there, probably like marp, but i don't want the sql performance to suffer which i think it will if i try to count all clones/parrents for search results, the company addition was relatively safe to add fast. and tell me if you see an Edit link, i think only editors should see that.
Q.T.Quazar
System Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do see an Edit link now, since i am an editor on the system.

i don't see the other link, as per your e-mail query.
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me to do two things soon:

1. A "notices" link on the banner. This will show you the combined number of confirmations, edits, or comments regarding your recordings since your last login. For example, I wonder if Chad knew before I wrote this that his 5 1/2 hour Boxy Boy recording was confirmed just a couple of days ago? This would be a terrific way to show that this occurred.
2. A translation utility. So if somebody writes down WolfMESS version 0.136 in a submitted recording, I would translate that as version 136 and provide a link. This has been requested in some way or another previously, I just thought of a way to resolve it.
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I would never have known. I would have suspected Phil would be the only one that would check that one out. Thank you!

To make a combined edit/confirm count link would be a cool thing! Make the font very large for it so it would be a noticeable difference when you login.

Yeah we have to a "get MESS" link here so people can download the specific version used. we have the technology.
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The notices banner, which will be in orange below the blue on the header, is now available. It will go back to Jan 01 2011 the first time around, so you likely will get the orange bar.
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now there's a link on the version number of WolfMESS. So hopefully that will be good to go for all. But no other emulators get the version link yet.
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of other things I can do:

- Notices on new news items. Mainly for people that just look at the new upload results, like me. Smile
- Notices when one of your scores is defeated
- Notices when there is comments on something you either edited or commented on.
Kale

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno where to put it, but whatever, don't want to waste a topic for this:

Panic / Switch for Mega CD needs a new competition style, that is:

least stages, least time

I'm just testing the system with this (game isn't that worth to see an inp for), but ...
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

added, can't you add games on MEGA CD?

*EDIT
Oh i see what you are saying, need a new scoring type, i'll see if the database can handle this now.
graham8bit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving old thread --

Is it possible to fix the blank/broken Profile page for the forums? I am hoping to add a profile icon/image and assume it would be done there. Thanks!
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for late reply, this is working but the fix implies there are probably other pages with issues that didn't transfer over to the new php db api, just put the urls that don't work here and i'll get to them.
graham8bit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Chad -- when I go to the Profile link here from the main phpbb nav near the top of the page a blank screen is returned. Let me know if you would need more info to diagnose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: