Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HARP Things To Do / HARP Improvements
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: HARP Things To Do / HARP Improvements Reply with quote

HIGH PRIORITY
- Add a link called "The HARP Network". I.E. The ZX Spectrum page... the WolfCPC page... and the up and coming WolfMESS page...
- Disallow profile creation until AFTER a user submits at least one CONFIRMED recording.
MEDIUM PRIORITY
- CLARIFY JOBS!!! (Section leaders... supereditors... editors of game systems... confirmers... my job...)
- Improve the organization of the news items
- Add hyperlinks over the emulator to point to pages to download emulators
- List scores that have unconfirmations.
LOW PRIORITY
- Improvements to the leaderboard analysis algorithim... by game type... by company... by year released...
- Create an option in all profiles to list comments, confirmations, and edits underneath each entry in the search/uploads page
- Add titles to the player information. This will be a Pete-editable field only.

DONE:
- 03/05/05 - Document game list screenshot pointers.
- 03/05/05 - Leaderboard interpretation for game types... count clones, side competitions, regulation play, or a combination of two or all three. Game type, company, year released still remain...
- 03/05/05 - Parent to Child game relationships (clones) completed!
- 03/05/05 - Allow editing of scores to change games cross-tournament.
- 05/22/05 - View profile (when I did the statistics)
- 05/22/05 - Leaderboard by country (now you know why I asked for your country of residence!)
- 09/24/05 - Percentage leaderboard algorithim... *IF* we start doing decatholons... or speccy tours... or whatever... your score / top score OR top time / your time, dependant on the game scoring style.
- 09/24/05 - Edit Profile
- 01/01/06 - List who are confirmers, supereditors, section leaders, and game system editors...
- 01/01/06 - Add screenshot possibility to parent screenshots. Check for these before the screenshot pointers.
- 06/24/06 - Create a comments table for anybody to edit... by default. Derogetory comments will cause them to lose that ability of course.
- 09/05/06 - Add a note in the submission script that talks about multipling one's score for playing harder difficulty games.
- 09/10/06 - Add links to all recordings, new or old, in the game information page
- 09/10/06 - Add a way to easily transfer a game from one competition to another. (eg move a game from regulation play to clone competitions, etc.)
- 09/10/06 - For Speccy Tour 2006: Create a specialized Most Stages wins game so people can enter scores but the ranking still sorts by most stages in the least time.

Will edit and add to this list as neccessary. Ideas are welcome... especially if I forgot something. Smile

Last edited by gameboy9 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:00 pm; edited 27 times in total
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRCs/hashes or some other strict guideline on clarifying which images should be used for submissions.
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADDED...

- Document game list screenshot pointers.
- Add screenshot possibility to parent screenshots. Check for these before the screenshot pointers.
- Allow editing of scores to change games cross-tournament.

I don't know if Barthax's idea is neccessary... especially if we keep it to one person to upload the screenshots, which I believe is how we're doing it... but I should still consider it in case it actually is, and so I shall. Reminds me... I have to talk to Skito about getting rid of that title bar on my screenshots...
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, poor wording on my part - image = ROM/disk/etc is what I meant. Smile ...strict clarifying on which ROM/disk/etc is to be used for (inp/rzx/etc) submissions. I know it already exists in the Spectrum section, but HARP can't be expected to host every ROM/disk/etc that is needed - can't imagine MARP or TG hosting the ROMs for every submission they accept either. Very Happy
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, barthax is a unix guy? right, B? i could give my bash picture normalization scripts to him?? and make it two people?
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - 3 years professional programming Linux & scripting BASH and plenty amateur besides... I'm about a year rusty, but that'll be overcome fairly quickly. Smile
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's up to you Chad. You want me to give him screenshot rights to all systems while we're at it?
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well lets see if he's up to it first, i just gave him the scripts but he looked like he was going to be too busy to try them out. If he wants to then yeah go ahead. I guess that eliminates a central location for all original screenshots (just in case we want to change the normalization script and redo them, larger or with more colours, which would use more space but look nicer.) But i think me and him to come to an agreement that we share all the originals when we upload the normalized ones.
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things to do list is updated.

*** ALL ASTERIX RECORDINGS MOVED TO A NEW CLONE COMPETITIONS GAME ***
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things to do list is updated, due to the statistics thingy I posted about earlier.
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and again (Leaderboard by Country)

Go USA! Smile
TRB_MetroidTeam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys... cool to see the country beside the player name, and the country ranking too.
TRB_MetroidTeam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this moment, HARP have a record system allowing "time" or other measure??? If not, have plans to do it???
Frankie
System Leader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
At this moment, HARP have a record system allowing "time" or other measure??? If not, have plans to do it???

You are right, if the game can be scored by lets says time to finish it, this can be done Smile

HARP Spectrum System Leader.
http://www.zxspectrum.homeactionreplay.org/index.php

HARP Amiga System Leader:
http://forums.homeactionreplay.org/viewforum.php?f=29
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't a "thing to do" persay... but if you make a mistake on the news page, you can just click on the news ID number and you can edit it without trying to figure out what HTML you used.

Let's just say that it was a real annoyance I personally had to take care of. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: