Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Help needed? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Any help needed on the site anywhere?
Frankie
System Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Help needed? Reply with quote

Barthax wrote:
Hi all,

Hi

Well, if there are any machines you care for, I think Gameboy would like you to run Regulation Play for them.

As an old Spectrum guy, you are always welcome to help with the Spectrum part of HARP Wink

HARP Spectrum System Leader.
http://www.zxspectrum.homeactionreplay.org/index.php

HARP Amiga System Leader:
http://forums.homeactionreplay.org/viewforum.php?f=29
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Help needed? Reply with quote

Frankie wrote:
Barthax wrote:
Hi all,

Hi

Well, if there are any machines you care for, I think Gameboy would like you to run Regulation Play for them.

As an old Spectrum guy, you are always welcome to help with the Spectrum part of HARP Wink

Be glad to help the speccy along. Smile Are the current set of systems closed or is it a simple matter of not enough man-power to open up others?
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, also... What's the public status of the site? I figure not public yet based on the number of people involved so far. Smile
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we can use all the help we can get here... SNES and Genesis need their game lists completed... I haven't even started Gameboy/GBC yet... I see Commodore 64 can be played as well... I just started there. Also any system coordinator might need some help, as Frankie noted.

Any MESS-supported system can be added to the database... just let me know, and I'll add it. Also... if you find a system that can be recorded using another emulator, I'll add that as well.

I'm starting to see a structure of system coordinators (Frankie for ZX Spectrum, Skito for Atari 2600, and Barry for Amstrad CPC), editors underneath that, then confirmers underneath that I guess.

Above those are "super-editors" (none yet), then me. :)

I know I have a lot of work to do... just so little time! Sad
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I can certainly start work on adding games for SNES & Genesis. Let me know which one you prefer me to start on & guide me in the direction of the tools. Smile
Frankie
System Leader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barthax wrote:
OK, I can certainly start work on adding games for SNES & Genesis. Let me know which one you prefer me to start on & guide me in the direction of the tools. Smile

I'll get back to you when I need some help on the Spectrum work, but if you like to be a Spectrum confirmer, I think that Gameboy will agree and make you one Smile

HARP Spectrum System Leader.
http://www.zxspectrum.homeactionreplay.org/index.php

HARP Amiga System Leader:
http://forums.homeactionreplay.org/viewforum.php?f=29
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barthax, while you are adding, and you have a little more time, MAKE a screenshot, and name it the exact same name that you add to harp. Don't touch it up just send it to me in a big zip after you add the games and i'll add the screen shots all nice and normalized. Thanks.

Also, Gameboy or I can send you harvested screenshots to use or compare (if gameboy decides to put a link to emucation on our site in order for us to use them).
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad wrote:
Barthax, while you are adding, and you have a little more time, MAKE a screenshot, and name it the exact same name that you add to harp. Don't touch it up just send it to me in a big zip after you add the games and i'll add the screen shots all nice and normalized. Thanks.

Also, Gameboy or I can send you harvested screenshots to use or compare (if gameboy decides to put a link to emucation on our site in order for us to use them).

Sure thing on the pictures. Ready & willing - just need the go ahead & intro to the process. Smile
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another helpfull thing you might already know is to make sure the names are normalized. this was easy for me with clrmame automating and renaming the 2600 carts. not sure how the nes works but since cartirdiges aren't as nicely named as arcade games are it's really important to have normalized names that conform to some standard, like the "Good" names in the clrmame dat files, so most users will recognize the names and thus reflect less changes in the future.
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm familiar with the Goodxxx utils & their way of naming stuff & the dats based on them at ClrMAME - basically use only [!] names where possible (keeping the name of the game as it appears), unless a good dump isn't available for a particular ROM, cool. Smile
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I gave you game editing rights to Genesis.

Basically, just fill in all the fields except the game ID, (because that will edit a game... not a good idea) then the game will be added to the database, and that's it. If a company isn't listed, you can go into the company database and do the same thing as game editing. And that's basically training.

We'll start there and go from there.
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gameboy9 wrote:
Well I gave you game editing rights to Genesis.

Basically, just fill in all the fields except the game ID, (because that will edit a game... not a good idea) then the game will be added to the database, and that's it. If a company isn't listed, you can go into the company database and do the same thing as game editing. And that's basically training.

We'll start there and go from there.

OK, thanks. Smile I'll take a good look before stuffing my foot firmly in my mouth! Very Happy
Barthax
System Leader

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barthax wrote:
OK, thanks. Smile I'll take a good look before stuffing my foot firmly in my mouth! Very Happy

The Company section looks pretty easy. :)

However, I have a bit of a problem on the Games section. Naturally the selection list only supplies Genesis as an option. The problem is the java script only submits on the change event & the Genesis option is default selected... I can select the blank entry to generate the submit, but it pops back with the Genesis as the default selected again, so I can't actually select it to submit the form! Sad Same result in IE & Firefox. Any chance of the blank entry being the default?
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I think I took care of the Games bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: