Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nvram and RPGs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: nvram and RPGs Reply with quote

You know... if you want to play an RPG, we'll probably have to make an exception to the nvram rule, provided you started with a blank nvram.

Otherwise, nobody's going to make an RPG with MESS, I assure you, because nobody will be able to save their stuff...

Just a randomly thought up thought...
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, agreed. nvram rules only apply to evening playing field, if they affect playback it's clear we have to use them. And if blank ones don't work, there should be a place where pre made ones can be downloaded.

Premade images may also must be necesary since some RPG images contain characters already made and must be deleted before you can start fresh.
MJS
System Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played rpgs too much (except for Metal Gear hehe) so I am not sure what is the best option for long games like these, but why not just use the pause button? :D

And since I mentioned the pause button, does Wolfmess store this in the inp? (to know how many times they paused and for how long)
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you shouldn't be allowed to pause unless the game has a pause button but with some knowledge of windows you can with anything. outside game pausing isn't necesarily detected but the speed of the recording is so if the speed is zero or close on a frame, then you can deduce pause was used.
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is, speed is still ~100% when paused. Not only that, no frames will be stored in an INP when paused.

I don't see how starting with a blank NVRAM would be a problem - so long as you remember to not use any batch file or similar to ignore/move/delete it. Especially since it's exactly the same as with other emulators.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: