Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduction, hello HARP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graham8bit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Introduction, hello HARP! Reply with quote

Hello HARP community,

Thought I'd introduce myself here. I have been playing consoles since 1987, mainly Nintendo systems, and have enjoyed every minute of it. Since one of my most favorite titles has been Contra, I decided to make that my first submission.

Games such as Blaster Master, Kung Fu, Rad Racer, Zelda, just to name a few bring up fond, fond memories. I am very happy to join this growing gaming community, and look forward to partaking in it as much as I can.

I hope to contribute to the success of HARP and feel I have already had a positive experience with the site, great job guys! Thanks for all of your hard work so far.

Wanted to give a quick shoutout to Skito for my first confirmation, mainly my max score run, 6,553,500 points on Contra! Hope you enjoyed watching it, and hope the rest of you guys get to check it out.

On the side, I help David Hernly run Aurcade, and will be running the tourney up in Funspot this summer, hope to meet some of you there if you go!

I see myself having a lot of fun here, and hope to strike up good gaming discussion and meet some new friends.

Cheers,
Graham
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, glad to have you. You'll notice the traffic is minimal here. I really don't understand why, there are so many great games on consoles.

I can't wait to monitor some Zelda recordings...
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I've been wasting time fiddling with MESS' networking support. Browsing the internet within MESS is just awesome fun. Smile

Others have been running two instances of MESS running DOOM and networking those via IPX/SPX. Smile
pat33999

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad wrote:
You'll notice the traffic is minimal here. I really don't understand why, there are so many great games on consoles.

Everyone has either stopped playing or migrated over to Retro Uprising. Take a few minutes to check out the RU site, and you'll see why.
Kale

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... on which you could easily cheat (pause and throttle features are enabled) and doesn't have any support from us MAME/MESSdevs, to not talk about the ROMs themselves.

Guess this goes under C&D ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: