Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers (U) [c][!]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRB_MetroidTeam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers (U) [c][!] Reply with quote

Hi guys!

This is my 2nd upload to HARP (and for the same game Very Happy). The 1st was uploaded in 2006/03/19. But I uploaded to the wrong variation ('Score Challenge") instead of Super Mode. As I don't know how to delete a record, I submitted again to the correct variation. Please delete the 1st submission, and/or tell me if it's possible to delete by myself and how to do. Thanks!
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! glad to have you aboard! I don't think it's possible to delete, but we can "inactivate" which is pretty close to deleting. Or you can just upload another recording over it in the correct "Score Challenge" mode :)
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can delete recordings... so I deleted the score challenge one as requested.
TRB_MetroidTeam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chad and gameboy9, thanks for the corrections.
HARP veteran? haha... ok Chad! But with some (some???) beginner questions:

1 - May I submit the score already multiplied?
1.1 - This "multiply by difficulty" is applied to all games that have different difficulties?

2 - Is it only the 1st attempt valid on HARP (MARP rule)? Or multiple attempts by INP are allowed (TG rule)?
2.1 - And for short games, is it ok? For example: SSF2 Time Challenge mode (I can play more than 10 attempts in 5 minutes).

3 - Can I ask for new variations like this SSF2: "Option > Super Mode 'Expert'"? (It's you versus all characters) Or "Please don't ask!!!" ;)

4 - Technical one: WolfMESS 1.39 Win GUI version (maybe others too), playing Genesis (maybe others), when I try Alt+Enter to exit fullscreen, I receive error "Unable to create Direct3D device (88760868)", no matter the combination I use on checkboxes "Run in a window" and "Start out maximized", in Default and also on Genesis properties. Is it common? Any advice? Or "Don't try it!!!"?

WolfMESS is new for me, so I have many configurations etc doubts. What forum can I use to ask about? Very Happy Thanks!
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
1 - May I submit the score already multiplied?
1.1 - This "multiply by difficulty" is applied to all games that have different difficulties?

I disagree with this, but yes all difficulty based games are score with a multiplier and you should apply that to the score. It would be nice to enter the "real" score in the description so someone like me doesn't disqualify it quickly if the score doesn't match the described input.

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
2 - Is it only the 1st attempt valid on HARP (MARP rule)? Or multiple attempts by INP are allowed (TG rule)?
2.1 - And for short games, is it ok? For example: SSF2 Time Challenge mode (I can play more than 10 attempts in 5 minutes).

I think we want to keep it to one attempt, to make inps compact and easy for viewers to view. Would you really want to look at the 30th attempt of a recording to sort through 29 attempts?

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
3 - Can I ask for new variations like this SSF2: "Option > Super Mode 'Expert'"? (It's you versus all characters) Or "Please don't ask!!!" ;)

That's totally viable. Harp is very flexible with splits, as long as there's a significant difference in the way you play a split, definitley ask for it and it probably will be added. Just make sure you comment on how to score the new split (is it time based or score based or reversed score (golf) or some combination?) The rankings here are more complex so one needs to be chosen.

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
4 - Technical one: WolfMESS 1.39 Win GUI version (maybe others too), playing Genesis (maybe others), when I try Alt+Enter to exit fullscreen, I receive error "Unable to create Direct3D device (88760868)", no matter the combination I use on checkboxes "Run in a window" and "Start out maximized", in Default and also on Genesis properties. Is it common? Any advice? Or "Don't try it!!!"?

I've never used alt-enter, i always use alt-tab to just switch back to windows and leave the game running in the background. But I haven't seen any window changing related events crash mame/mess programs, especially in later mames.

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
WolfMESS is new for me, so I have many configurations etc doubts. What forum can I use to ask about? :D Thanks!

This is the forum, unless someone thinks questions about wolfmess might clutter general up.
TRB_MetroidTeam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad wrote:
Would you really want to look at the 30th attempt of a recording to sort through 29 attempts?

Nops, but it would be ok wait for the 5th attempt in this example. And if we add a time limit to these "short" INPs, 3 or 5 mins? What do you think about? If you want I can show you/upload one example just now, let me know...

Chad wrote:
The rankings here are more complex so one needs to be chosen.

I managed TG database when referee... THAT was complex Smile not only for many fields/filters/formats etc, but mainly due to bad building of the tool... But, I would like to have a "Super Mode 'Expert'" variation for the game, using the same rules/formats as the regular "Super Mode".

Chad wrote:
I've never used alt-enter...

So, MESS runs only on Full Screen? Eveyone use this screen mode?

See you!
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify the multiplier rule, you must defeat the game in its' entirety in order to get the multiplier.
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mess does work (for me) in window and full screen modes very similarly to mame, but just use alt-tab to switch to other windows.

Super Mode Expert added, i am unsure weather to put this in a side competition or regulation, so i'll wait for the input to see what differs about the game.

I would say anything more than a minute is not "short" and just press escape and record again if you fail :)
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I remember one game where we allow ten attempts: Dragster. Because each game lasts like 6 seconds. Smile
TRB_MetroidTeam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I used WolfMESS in the NoteBook with Windows 7 (64bits), and it runs ok. In the NB, "windowed" screen runs finely, and I can change between screen modes (Alt+Enter) without problems, also Alt+Tab is ok to switch to other programs. So, the error ""Unable to create Direct3D device (88760868)" is only in my PC, not NB. I will see Direct3D and video settings when possible, but it's not so important for now.

Ok about Expert on SSF2, please wait for my INP.

And regarding the multiple attempts, it's ok, mainly because the mode in target is not faster/shorter than A2600 Dragster game. Smile Also, I will not fail Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: