Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just wanted to clarify about point multipliers for ranking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negative1

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Just wanted to clarify about point multipliers for ranking Reply with quote

If you play a game on a harder setting,
but there is no end to the game..

for example : centipede

do you multiply your score anyway??

i haven't been doing this in the past..

is it ok, to mutliply the score now?
-------
for example : atari 7800 - centipede
if you play it on a harder level can you
multiply the score x2/x3 etc?

[i haven't quite figured out how to change the difficulty setting yet]

thanks..

later
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think that the difficulty multiplier should only apply to games that have a conclusion. But I'm not sure about that either... because I put that rule in to allow flexibility for those who are more comfortable in playing an easier level.

*goes into his thinking man posture*
Q.T.Quazar
System Leader

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again, either way, i think this should be a hidden multiplier in the script--or at least the script should do the work and then indicate both scores (original and modified). at least then it will be easier to shift things around.

maybe could just set up radio buttons for the different systems, A-B dips for 2600, difficulty levels for other systems? then you just click on what you used when submitting.
negative1

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q.T.Quazar wrote:
again, either way, i think this should be a hidden multiplier in the script--or at least the script should do the work and then indicate both scores (original and modified). at least then it will be easier to shift things around.

maybe could just set up radio buttons for the different systems, A-B dips for 2600, difficulty levels for other systems? then you just click on what you used when submitting.

sounds good to me..

it's confusing at times, when you see a really high score, but it turned out to be because of a multiplier..

later
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the multiplied score is always confusing when you are trying to confirm a score and wonder why it didn't get the score uploaded, then you look at the notes... oh yeah it's 31 divided by 7 plus 12 times the score and you got it, i've we've got stages and times and score, harp could afford a difficulty multiplier for each recording?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: