Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I386 discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly, fixed game lists are useful, particularly for tournaments and the like, so I wouldn't suggest removing the lists entirely. And I wouldn't like to see support for emulators other than MESS disappear either.

And no, I'm no PHP programmer either Wink, and I'm still working on FM Towns in MESS as it is (not that there's much progress, MAME's i386 CPU core still sucks, with no sign of it being completed any time soon).
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no programming necessary to change marp, unless he's dead, zwaxy will be welcome to the idea of making any changes as long as we get a vote to pass. I don't think we should change harp to marp, it's gotta have some identity.

Barry, are you saying the interrupt isn't triggered in mess when disks are changed? Can you give me a multi disk example by name(s) or crc(s)?

I like the idea of submitting your own name, but all the names we can find should be in the harp database even when there are not submissions, we get more hits on google that way.

This would require some programming, but certainly not a lot. When submitting if the game name isn't in the database, add it. Change the dropdown to be a dropdown/userEntered field, if the user entered field is set and the dropdown isn't set to a game, then add the game name to the system. With default scoring methods that editors can change when the recording is put in. I think there is plenty of security for having someone create too many names, and if someone does add bogus names, just give the editors an easy way to delete a game and/or move the recording to the right gamename.
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad wrote:
Barry, are you saying the interrupt isn't triggered in mess when disks are changed? Can you give me a multi disk example by name(s) or crc(s)?

No, just the opposite. The interrupt would have to be able to be triggered at the exact same time on both recording and playback, otherwise playback will be impossible. Ejecting isn't always a problem, some systems auto-eject floppies, but inserting a new disk is something triggered externally from the system.

Oh yeah, WIP shot! Wink

Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may still not understand the issue; though interrupt triggering on playback/record timing seems possible. If it is the eject interrupt is working during normal emulation, I just have to make the image cache mounting system include a callback to the interrupt when a disk is remounted, right?
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIP shot again:

Another i386 bugfix, more stuff happens. :)

NotMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this in allusion to the intel 386 processor(what wikipedia redirected me to when I searched "i386"), or is this something else?

Either way, this should probably be in a different conversation, so I split the relevant posts to said new topic.
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on the FM Towns driver I'm working on in MESS, where it is not always easy to determine whether or not issues are caused by MAME's rather incomplete i386 CPU core. The above just shows what happens after one more i386 bug is squashed.
MJS
System Leader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried Raiden and it's perfectly playable in the current state of the driver, congratulations Barry for your hard work! ...And a little bird told me there've been more improvements on the sound recently Very Happy

I think it's time to start considering the addition of this system to HARP Wink
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i386 is added and more games become playable, those will be some pretty awesome days.
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want I386 added? So is this in relation to the Intel 386 processor? Who wants to be system leader?
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry, should lead, but not sure if he wants to. He certainly knows the most. That bad thing might be that there is not a standardized "good" set of software for this system? Though I've been wrong before.
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should probably be noted that the FM Towns is not PC compatible, even though it runs MS-DOS, Windows 3.x/95 and Linux. FM Towns software will not run on a PC, or vice versa. They simply share some hardware (including the i386 CPU, although in typical Japanese style, they used an obscure AMD CPU rather than an Intel one). Certainly, FM Towns competition should be separate from any PC competition.

Also, I don't really want to do an FM Towns competition until such time as the CDs can be properly dumped (CHDMAN doesn't support pregap/postgaps yet).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: