Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Screenshots of old games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Screenshots of old games Reply with quote

Seeing that we've been on quite a run of keeping our screenshots current, I think we should go back to our old recordings that don't have screenshots yet and take screenshots of those.

Meanwhile, I should think about finding a way to automatically unzip screenshots.......

Opinions?
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just rerecord the old games with wolfmess and i'll get right to it :)

Yeah automatically unziping would be sweet, but you need scripting power on the site. Are you able to shell out a command? if so the standard free unix/cygwin unzip is really powerful and should do anything you need, unzip to a specific dir automatically overwriting, etc.
Kale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Screenshots of old games Reply with quote

gameboy9 wrote:
Seeing that we've been on quite a run of keeping our screenshots current, I think we should go back to our old recordings that don't have screenshots yet and take screenshots of those.

Meanwhile, I should think about finding a way to automatically unzip screenshots.......

Opinions?

Is help of any type given appreciated (giving some screens) or it's an Editor exclusive?For example:

Arkanoid (U) [!] for NES,taken from NotMan's play:

Additionally,is the "screenshot taken on recordings" an official rule of MARP/HARP or it's only Skito that's obsessed about it? Razz
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to take pictures of a good cinematic frame of reference for the game or just my favorite moments of the recordings, but no explicit rule they must be from recordings. If you have a stash or site where there are a bunch of photos we can scoop by all means point to it. When i first started out, I thought you couldn't actually take a picture while using the playback feature; so i was doing them by just running mame (the reason for so many screenshots at marp that start at the 1rst level.) But, since then i've tried to pic a winner for each shot i make, so it's representative of an "Action Replay" site for harp and marp.

Please email any requests for any screenshot Additions or Changes for any System to me, and i'll make the thumbnails 128x128max and 256x256 max which then get sent to gameboy, you can make the thumbnails too but it's probably easier just to send me the bare snapshot cause it's easy for me to normalize/equalize/resize them with a handy bash script. All I request is they be named as the exact "harp game name".png and in a zip file (usually there are multiple images) named by the system, genesis.zip a7800.zip etc.
MJS
System Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First level boss makes always a nice screenshot Cool

And taking screenshots from the first recording submitted encourages more uploads, which is good Very Happy
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this stinks... Dreamhost doesn't have the ZipArchive class installed... it would make our lives so much easier if they did...
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't use the basic Linux unzip command?
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know how it's done in PHP?
gameboy9
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. Got it.

Good... now I never have to be emailed for a screenshot extraction! Yes sir... my pretty... the pain was brought... and so was the funk. HUZZAH!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: