Home Action Replay Page Forum Index Home Action Replay Page
Home Action Replay Page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mess gui help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: mess gui help? Reply with quote

I'm trying to get a handle on how to use the old ui. From the mess docs it says:
Quote:
MESS being based on Mame shares the same on-screen menu system with obviously a few differences.

Firstly you need to press the Scroll Lock key to get MESS to switch to partial keyboard emulation. Then press the TAB key to open the menu. Here's what you get...

ok i can get into the "partial emulation" mode with the scroll key toggle (it shows on the screen), this is the same as using the "-nonewui" option, but then the tab key doesn't appear pressable to get the screen shown above. I'm using the spectrum system which doesn't have a tab key to overassign so i don't think it's a key mapping problem. can anyone get this to work?

If i use mess89 the tab comes right up, so i think it's a cfg controler ini thing, if i can just associate the right keycode with UI_FILEMANAGER i can get wolfmess in a more secure state.
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

figured this out, the option -newui actually DISABLES the old UI, so you can't get to it. Thus in order to use the tab menu you must make sure newui is not set, or use -nonewui.

Quote:
"Let it be said, that he who answers thine own questions is a geek".
Leviticus 3:73
mahlemiut
Supereditor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... why would you want two UIs at once anyway? :)

I get the feeling that the old UI is rather neglected these days too...
Chad
Supereditor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want it for the new wolfmess "spectaculator like" compo mode. Since the new messgui pauses, and the oldmessgui doesn't, I'll be forcing compo mode into the oldmessgui so you can still mount images for systems that need them with out pausing the emulation engine. I actually thought it was completely neglected, but all of the features appear to be intact and working as long as you don't use -newui, and the oldui probably works in other mess non windows ports like sdlmess :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Action Replay Page Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: